Sunday 3 October 2010

Day 118: Today's Forecast

Today, in Bath, it is raining. In fact it has been raining here for the past THREE days and, I don't know about you, but I have a REALLY hard time trying to appreciate the rain. I go as far to say, I hate it. It makes me miserable and cold and wet and lethargic and no fun!

Yesterday I was sitting in my kitchen having a cup of tea and watching the rain tinkle down from the sky, covering all it finds, even spaces you thought it couldn't reach. Rain saturates everything. My little garden had been transformed by the rain. The fences and timber beams were darker than usual (by that I mean the odd day it's NOT raining in Britain), almost black and even thought everything was damp, I couldn't help but think it was beautiful.

It got me thinking back to when I went to the beach as a child, so excited about all these brightly coloured stones I'd found. But when I got home, of course, they were dry and had lost their vibrant colour.

So it would seem that wetness does have its plus points. The rain is, after all, why we have such rich, beautiful countryside in Britain. There is something quite nice about sitting in a warm house listening to the rain beat down on the window pane. Cosy, you might say.

So, on this wet weekend, I am asking you to look at rain again and give it a bit of thinking time. Being stuck in doors does have its pros. It's inspired this entry after all, so maybe you could give rain a chance today and see where it takes you.

Just a thought...

No comments: