Friday 8 October 2010

Day 123: The imagination of Hollywood

I love the order of today, Day 123. It's like learning to count again...

Anyway, today I wanted to share with you all something I have been thinking about, you know, from time to time. I don't know if you've ever had this, but sometimes when I dream, I'll be reading a book and the words will run out and i'll just be looking at black pages. Or I'll be in a place and then the dream will just stop. It's like my head has run out of imagination. Weird huh? I would consider myself to be quite an imaginative person, but it would seem that even I struggle in my dreams to create a alternate reality.

Can you imagine if this happened in real life? How scary would it be if you were walking down the street and it just stopped. There was only white in front of you. Or you were reading a book and all the letters fell off the page into your lap...

Crazy! I think I have just invented the next Hollywood blockbuster!

My point is that our imagination is a massive tool for our creativity. Even my lack of imagination in dreams has sparked off ideas. So don't take it for granted. Make time to think about things and let your imagination draw ideas from your mind. Give yourself 15 minutes today. Traveling is a great time for it! Try to get lost in your thoughts and let your imagination go wherever it wants...

It's a really fun, exciting place to be....

No comments: