Sunday 5 September 2010

Day 90: Who's the man!

Last night I went to a wedding reception. It was one of those weird occasions where you don't know anyone there except the person you go with. You nervously dance on the dance floor, sip wine and smile...

Perhaps the strangest thing about the evening was the DJ. Imagine my surprise when I walk into the 'disco room' and see a 60 year old man strutting his Micheal Jackson style moves on the dance floor. Yep, he was the DJ. Slightly bazaar to say the least!

But it got me thinking about people's dreams. If the crazy DJ wasn't so intimidating with his amazing moves, I might have gone up and ask him if being a DJ was his life ambition. But, alas, I didn't so I have nothing to do but assume.

My point is that people have dreams, ambitions, hopes for their futures, but how many people achieve them? Well, it would appear that it's never too late (or too early) to go for it. If you've got the skills (or the moves) then use them. If you haven't got the skills, then get them! Go on a course, go to an after school club, a weekend club...speak to that guy, that contact, that friend whose 'in the business'.

There's no time like the present to follow your dreams. Be inspired by the 60 year old DJ. I certainly am! Get out there and go for it!

No comments: