Tuesday 7 September 2010

Day 92: Water droplets

Yesterday, I was traveling on a train. Big drops of water fell on the windows and raced along with the speed of the train. Rain always makes me a little bit sad. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it has some strange link to my childhood. Rain means you can't do stuff.

As I stared out of the window of the train, unable to concentrate on my book, I found myself thinking about water. Droplets of water. Wouldn't it be interesting to be a droplet of water for a while. You could start off high up in the hills and trickle down. Eventually you might end up in the sea, where you evaporate and become a cloud. Imagine all the things you'd see. Then you'd come tumbling down, but where do you land? Do you get caught on the leaf of a big tree before getting stuck to the bottom of a slug? Maybe you evaporate back up into the sky and become a cloud again. Maybe you get swallowed by an animal, go all the way through and end up...

You try; if you were a water droplet, where would you go, what would happen to you? Do you speak to other droplets? Imagination is a great thing to play with, especially when it's raining...

No comments: