Saturday 22 January 2011

Day 229: Do you believe in your own creativity?

Sometimes I look at the world and think, how am I ever going to get anywhere with my creative skills? Does the world really need them? Do it even want them?

Even my some of my teacher tell me, 'it's so hard to break the industry. Most of you won't ever make it...'

Encouraging stuff, huh?

Well, this is the decision I've come to this morning because of an amazing teacher called Janine. In my lesson yesterday (and in many of lessons actually) she claimed our writing was better than an author that just one a prize for their book. She always says things like, 'when you get published' or 'when you send yours off to publishers.' She believes in us and the more you're told you can do it, the more you believe it. It gives you the motivation to carry on and believe that what you've got can make a difference.

So, what are you doing? If you believe in yourself and your creative abilities, you can do it! I'm here to say that creativity is important. It doesn't matter what the government says. It doesn't matter what our maths teacher says. Creativity is part of everyone and we got given an extra dose, so share it!

I wouldn't be writing this blog everyday if I didn't believe in creativity. So get out there and show the world what you got. If you think it's important, then it is! No one can do creativity like you can. You are unique and the world needs you.

Are you with me?

No comments: