Friday 21 January 2011

Day 228: Are you an inspiration catcher?

Do you ever wake up in the night with loads of ideas for your creative projects? Or just as you fall to sleep you get a really good idea, but you're too tired to write it down? Or maybe you wake up in the morning with fresh ideas on how to carry on...

Creativity in a part of me all the time and it never really stops working, but the trouble is I've got a rubbish memory!

The other day I had a really good idea about a conversation my two character could have, but I didn't write it down and now it's completely gone. No idea. Can't remember.

But, I'm telling you this safe in the knowledge that I learnt from my mistake (for once). This morning I woke up after having a horrible dream about being bitten by a freaky looking cat (which is weird, 'cause I really like cats.) Anyway, I suddenly had loads of ideas for my story (no thanks to the cat), so I got up and started writing. That was at 8:30 this morning and three hours later I've got 1000 words to show for it. (Imagine me with a smug smile right now!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you have a flash of inspiration, don't waste it. Write it down, even if it's just notes and then get on with it. It's amazing how quickly your motivation can leave you, so catch the inspiration while you can.

I'm pretty sure you'll feel way better after.

Happy creating!

No comments: