Monday 17 January 2011

Day 224: Play with Imagination - Day 5

First of all I'd like to apologise for yesterday's entry. Technically it was today's, as I wrote it 19 minutes after midnight, but I hope you will accept it as Sunday's entry. This doesn't mean I've failed my blog challenge, right?!

Anyway, back to creativity...

Today is the last day of my mini imagination challenge (but that doesn't mean you can just stop using it!) It seems fitting to work backwards and go into my childhood, or anyones childhood for that matter. When I was young, anything seemed possible. I don't know about you, but I never questioned things people did in films. I thought people really could jump that high and that Robin Hood really was a talking fox. When you get older you start to rationalise things. When you watch a film you think, that wouldn't happen, that's obviously CGI...

So my mini challenge today is to talk to a child. Ask them question after question and see where their imagination takes them...it literally could be anywhere! Take on board what they say. How could you use their ideas in your creative work?

Start the conversation with an open question like, how do you recon we could reach the moon tonight? Or, if you were a forest animal what would you do?

Kids are loads of fun, so share it with them today.

No comments: