Tuesday 31 August 2010

Day 85: Wonderings

Today I was walking alone the Plymouth coast line looking out across the sea. The sun was shining with a light breeze coming in from the water. Perfect.

Sam asked me, if I had to describe this scene for a piece of writing, what would I write. So, as we walked I looked at the bobbing specks of sunlight covering its surface, ever changing and twinkling. I wondered whether the number sun spots matched the amount of stars in the night sky.
Sam had this to say; the inlet of the sea to the land was like the tail of an animal or a ancient dragon, arching, trailing, ready...

Wonderful stories and ideas can come out of the simplest of moments. We were only walking back from town. Creativity can come from the most menial tasks...if you let it!

This is your challenge. What are you doing today? Where are you walking, traveling, driving? Journeys are a great time to think, to wonder, to create in your mind. So use it. Create with it. (A note pad is advisable in such moments.)

Nothing is wasted when you're creative.

No comments: