Saturday 3 July 2010

Day 26: Learn from the best

Today I encourage you to pick up a new craft/trade/creative thingy. I'm thinking along the lines of sewing, web design, drawing, blogging, tap dancing, singing...whatever you fancy. What have you always wanted to know how to do (creatively speaking), but never got round to it? Well, make this the summer of discovery!

I hear what you're saying, 'that's all well and good Emma, but how exactly am I supose to learn this new thingy? I have no money!'

Well, I am suggesting that the first step to achieving this new goal is to find someone you know. Pull on the resources you have. You MUST know someone who has a talent you admire. Well, if so ask them to teach you. Simple! It could be your auntie, cousin, friend, brother, your brother's friend, a friend-of-a-friend (you get it!).

People love it when you compliment them on what they are good at/love doing, so make this your way in!

For example, my friend Beth is AMAZING at knitting. She can knit, socks, gloves, hats and she just invents her own woolen gadgets (she's really is exceedingly good!). Although I learnt when I was younger, I've never been very good at it. So, I asked Beth if she could help me and hey presto, I am at least a little better than I was before. I even started making a hat on round needles (sounds impressive huh)!

Who did Beth learn from? Her Nan of course. And so the links go on...

Without my friend Rhea, this blog wouldn't exist cause she helped me set it up (I really am useless when it comes to computoer, but I'm learning, yay!)

Take up the challenge. What will you learn this summer...?

No comments: