Thursday 1 July 2010

Day 24: Collaboration!

Today I want a talk about team-work-creativity. Yes, that's right, working together to produce a super inspiring creative masterpiece!

Who do you know? Dancers, musicians, painters, writers, actors, sculptors, photographers, animators, makers, breakers....Creativity attracts creativity, so get it together guys and gals. See what will happen if you combine your creative talents and passions.

This idea was given to me yesterday (of course) where there was lots of websites I could sign up to and collaborate with other artists. You know what I thought? 'What a FANTASTIC idea,' that's what!

Want some examples? Check out INFRA, a collaboration piece between contemporary dance choreographer, Wayne McGregor and artist Julian Opie.

or

Take a peek at this collaboration animation by David Ellis and BLU.

So, why don't you mix it up a bit. Dancers, get in contact with musicians. Artists, talk to some animators etc etc.

It's like my dad always says, 'two heads are better than one.' (I'm sure someone else said it first, but I'm going to give him the credit today!)

No comments: