Thursday 30 September 2010

Day 115: X Factor

You know what? I have ummed and arred about writing an entry about X Factor since the new series started. I thought it was, 'far too commercial for the likes of my blog.'

What a snob!

X Factor might be commercial and corny and over the top, but the truth is, I am actually inspired by it. I've watched nearly every episode of the new series and each time I find myself singing more. I think, 'I want to sing like them.' So I do; in the shower, when the kettle's boiling, when I'm walking down a busy road.

Now the fact is, I'm not a singer. People have told me I'm alright, but I don't want to be a singer. I don't want to win X Factor, or even enter, but every time I watch, I find the need to sing and that's called inspiration! It makes me want to do something. Just listen to this. It gives me goosebumps and makes me want to sing along with her:



I get it all the time. If there's a film about dancing, I want to dance. If I watch a program about Matisse, I want to paint. If I taste a yum cake, I want to bake. If I read an amazing book, I want to write.

What I'm saying is, run with what you feel inspired to do, even if it only lasts a day. Try everything! Do anything! That's what being creative is all about. It makes me feel alive when I sing at the top of my lungs in an empty house. I LOVE it! What do you love?

Be creative. Be everything!

No comments: