Wednesday 25 August 2010

Day 79: Face Food

As you all know, I'm always looking for new and exciting creative ideas to fill your heads with. Today I'd like to inspire you with this:


Yep you got it, lunchboxes filled with shaped food! This art form is called caraben. Basically, it's sculpting food into stuff (other than food.) It's a Japanese creation and I think it's really exciting. Check out this blog for more inventive creations. It's an accompaniment to the book 'Facefood: The Visual Creativity of Japanese Bento Boxes'.
Are you into food? Are you into cooking, or maybe just eating? I definitely think this is worth a go whatever you're into. It certainly looks like a lot of fun so get creating!
PS, best not to try it at the dinner table. I don't think your mum or dad would appreciate their roast being turned into a sculpted butterfly!

No comments: