Thursday 19 August 2010

Day 73: Flowers

For the past couple of weeks I have been surrounded by wedding arrangements. No, not my own, my sister's. She gets married next year and is up to her eyeballs in dresses, table decorations, bouquets and goodness knows what else.

The other day we went to a cute little flower shop in my hometown to find out about bouquets. I went thinking it was just choosing the flowers and maybe a couple of leaves, but it turns out there are millions of options. Do you want ribbons? What flowers do you want? What colours? Oh, those flowers aren't available at that time of the year. Why not add gems, glitter, feathers...
I thought they were going to ask us if we wanted any caterpillars on it next!

All of this got me thinking about flowers. I wish I could say I knew all their names and smells and where they came from, but the honest truth is, I know very little about them. Flowers in themselves are pretty creative, but when you think about all the things you can do with them, the mind boggles. You can make daisy chains, potpourri, head garments, decorations, bouquets or just use the petals...

The also have so much meaning too, sympathy, romance, spring time...there's a flower for every occasion.

What could you do with flowers? Could they feature in your creative work? Is it something new you could explore?

I like to ponder over these kind of things from time to time. Why don't you join me...

No comments: