Monday 2 August 2010

Day 56: All those patterns

Are you the same as me? Most of the time I don't even realise I'm doing it. I'll be staring at the clouds absentmindedly and before I know it I've turned a cloud into a huge foot or a praying mantis. You know what I mean?

Takes the past two days for example;

Yesterday I woke up in a tent and the outside had got wet and stuck to the inside. After looking at the strange shapes it made, I decided it looked like 2 vicious sea creatures. One was attacking a (smaller) human and the other was trying to stop the attach. Story?

Today I saw the shape of a crouching boy in the middle of the clouds. His skin stood out because it was made of dark cloud, whereas the thing n his lap (a book, towel, map, scroll..fill it with whatever you like), was shining white. It was so cool!

Sometimes it's raindrops falling down a window. Their positions make a word or an interesting pattern which reminds me of a cat's face. Even when I was a little girl, I would think the raindrops on the outside of a moving car were having races...

Creases in fabric, bobbles in the ceiling, holes in rocks, ridges in a tree...I do it with everything!

I have decided that this all part of being creative. If you know what I'm going on about then you are one of those creative thinkers too.

Luckily for you, you're in the right place. All of these 'sightings' got me thinking, there must be something we could do with all of this...

The next time you catch yourself doing such a thing, write it down. The crouching boy I saw today could definitely become an interesting character and the thing in his lap, the perfect plot opener! And two ferocious sea monsters, well...

So, there you have it. Don't waste this creative gift, use it to inspire your own creations.

I wonder what you will see...

No comments: