Saturday 10 July 2010

Day 33: Abraham Lincoln

"The best way to predict your future is to create it."

These very true words were brought to the world by Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States and boy does he know what he's talking about!

Don't worry, I'm not about to give you a history lesson on US politics. All I'm asking is that you look at his words. Even Abraham Lincoln knew that getting anywhere meant creating a path.

Perhaps he didn't mean create in the 'arty' kind of way, but it goes to show that making things has value, whether it be our futures or a sculptor of a bunny rabbit!

Why can't we create our futures in an arty way? If 'arty' (and by that I mean creative in any way, shape or form) is your thing, then make it your future.

I'm 23 now and 'artiness' is a part of who I am (hence this blog). If I wasn't being arty then I wouldn't be Emma!

So, what I'm saying to you today (with the help of my mate Abraham Lincoln) is to creative your future by being/making what you love. If artiness makes you happy, then do it! Go for it! Keep on doing what you're doing and see where it takes you. That's what I've been doing and it going pretty well for me!

I wonder what you will create in your future...?

No comments: