Tuesday 25 January 2011

Day 232: Creative Juggling

You'll be pleased to know that I am a lot more level headed today compared to yesterday! And I have finally made a decision about my theme. It is (definitely)...

Curiosity.

Now, that's one creative decision out the way, it's time to move on to another. How can I create tension in the next scene of my story...?

Sometimes it can be really tricky trying to keep all your creative things going at the same time. One of my teachers likes to refer to them as spinning plate (on sticks, you know?). How can you keep them all spinning with only two hands and one brain?

Do you ever get lost in everything you have to do? Do you ever lose momentum for one when you're really enjoying something else?

Well, I do. I'm trying to organise the writing competition, planning workshops and write another chapter, but all I want to do is some knitting! (That's not even mentioning this blog!)

So what can us creative people do, eh? How can it be achieved? To be honest, I am certainly no expert. All I can say is, we all have trouble and I know how you feel.

If it helps do what I do...take one day at a time. Yesterday I was flustered about the stupid theme, but today it's sorted. Juggling is all about timing, so maybe if we focus on one bit at a time it'll all be fine...

BUT don't forget to have fun...what's the point of it all if it's no fun?

No comments: