Monday 24 January 2011

Day 231: To be or not to be...is that the question??

Ok, crunch time. Today is the day I decide the theme for my competition...

And the winner is, Chaos and Curiosity!

BUT...Is that a cop out? Is it giving the competition entrees more choice or is it just me backing out of making a decision? As the organiser of this project, I want to do what's best for the pupils. I am, after all, doing it for them...

Isn't being creative tricky sometimes! Let's be honest, there are just too many decisions to think about at times, so what do we do?

I always talk to others and get their opinions, but at the end of the day, it's my creative work, so I have to make the decision.

In this scenario, I'm going to try turning it round. If I was going to enter a competition, would I prefer one word to two to choice from? The choice would probably open up more ideas, but then I'd get confused with which word I should choose to write about.

Am I therefore pushing the decision to someone else? Are the two themes a burden or a helpful motivation...?

To many questions! I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in all this creative confusion. Sometimes you need to know that, so here I am telling you.

Come back tomorrow and hopefully you'll find a more level headed creative thinker!

No comments: