Saturday 20 November 2010

Day 166: Judging the X Factor

I am worried. I'm worried about myself...

Why?

Because on Thursday I went to a open-mic-night at uni and I would watch people and think, 'yeah, they've really got the X Factor,' or, 'they had a few notes that wavered...'

What has X Factor done to me?!

I've started critically evaluating my friends, my classmates, my peers. I guess the question is, is this a good thing? Is it distracting or does it give me a more acute ear?

I wonder if other people that watch shows like this have similar experiences...?

Perhaps it's what you do with it that counts. Obviously I didn't start shouting my comments about, but I appreciated their talent and admired their bravery for standing up their and giving a bit of themselves to us. What an amazing skill.

Creativity and how we watch it is infectious! How will you use it?

No comments: