Monday 15 November 2010

Day 161: Illuminate Bath Festival and Ice Book

Over the past few weeks I've been helping out with my uni's arts festival. Most of this included standing out in the cold, making sure no one stole the projector, but actually, I'm really glad I did 'cause it showed me what's going on around me. There is so much creative stuff happening at my uni by students and teachers. A lot of the time people don't get to see it.

Here's some of the thing that I saw:

Perhaps the most amazing thing I saw was Ice Book made by Davy and Kristin McGuire.  It's basically a pop up book, but animated by light. It tells a touching story about two characters in an enchanted land. I watched it in a dark basement in one of Bath's pubs. Atmospheric! Definitely check it out on Davy's website.

Sam Drew also had his poems projected on a the Bath buildings for all to see and read. They had been animated by graphic students and caught the attention of thousands walking the streets of Bath.

There were so many other things going on to show Bath what talent there is around. These two things inspired my creative ideas and I hope they help you too. Their creators are real people taking their work out into the world and showing it off! It's good to go and see what's around. You never know what might spark your own creative work, so get out there and see what's about in your area.

No comments: