Saturday 30 October 2010

Day 145: Alice Kuipers

Last night I did something I have only done once before in my life...I read an entire book cover to cover. The weight of my achievement kind of comes crumbling down when I tell you some (most) of the pages only have 50 words max. But, needless to say, I did it and I am pretty pleased with myself.

'Well, what is this book, Emma? For goodness sake tell us!'

Alright, calm down. Jeez!

It's called Life on the refrigerator door by Alice Kuipers. A girl called Claire and her Mum live together, but both lead very different, busy lives. Most of their communication is done through notes on the fridge and this is what we, as the reader, see of their relationship. It's very cleverly done and so touching. Everyone should read it!

I did a bit of research into Alice Kuipers and it turns out she too has a blog. It's really great if you want to get into writing so make sure you check it out. Life on the refrigerator door is her first novel. I often find the first ones are the best, so good news for all new writers, eh! Here's to hoping. One day, i'll share my writing with you all, but for now take a look at Alice Kuiper's work. It really is inspiring stuff!

No comments: