Thursday 16 September 2010

Day 101: Dalmations

Oh, what a brilliant film! I remember watching the classic Disney animation when I was about 8 years old. It wasn't until many years later that I realised, Cruella DeVil, is really a, 'cruel devil' (clever, eh)! Disney made a live-action one too, which is amazing as well. Good old Glenn Close, she's soo evil in it!

Turns out, 101 Dalmatians was first a book by Dodie Smith. When I was a kid I thought Disney were the best story tellers in the world, but actually, they 'borrowed' everyone else's stories! But, this isn't about Disney, it's about the doggy adventures of 101 Dalmatians. There's a quest, friendship, love, villains, slapstick, heroes, singing...and of course, a happy ending.

For old times sake, here's a clip for you to enjoy:



If you've seen this, I encourage you to watch it again. It's funny what different things you see in a kid's film when you're grown up. Try it. How is it different? Does the story seem different now you're older?

If you haven't ever seen it, then spend an hour and a half watching it, 'cause it's a great story with great characters.

Oh Disney, how I love you! I'm sure there will be many more entries given over to it's magical kingdom of creativity and inspiration, but for now, I am reeling myself in to just Dalmatians.

How will it inspire you?

No comments: