Friday 8 April 2011

Day 305: California Gurls by Katy Perry

Because it's real sunny at the moment, every morning I wake up, head up to the bathroom and the hall is filled with sunshine, which just makes me feel great! Everyone loves the sunshine.

Immediately Katy Perry kicks into my head with, 'California gurls, we're unforgettable...' It's such a sunny song which has been stuck in my head since the beginning of spring. I sing it in the shower, brushing my hair, preparing my breakfast...sunshine does strange and wonderful things to a person.

So, as I sat down to my computer in my summer dress, ready to write, guess what was going round my head? It was like it wanted to be written about today. BUT, when I watched the video, I was gutted. I mean, why wasn't it the same as the one I play in my head when I sing it? Doesn't Katy Perry know the version that runs in my head? Her one isn't even about California. At least in my version there are sun-filled beaches with girls roaming around on roller skates, eating ice cream, But, no! In Katy Perry's it's all about candy and clouds and nakedness! What has that got to do with anything??

As you can probably tell, I was a little disappointed with what I found. Her creative ideas are clearly different from mine, which is fine, I guess. If we were all the same, then life would be pretty boring.

I hope I'm not the only one that does this: come up with their own version of music videos in their heads. My brain is obviously on creativity overload!

No comments: