Sunday 20 February 2011

Day 258: The Sound of Space Music


I don't know about you, but sometimes it blows my mind to think about things outside our world. Even imagining what life must be like in other countries is difficult, but thinking outside of our solar system, well, my thoughts never go there. That was until today!

I found out that over the past three decades astronomers (people who study space) have been listening the the sounds of stars. Even our sun makes noises similar to a bass amp. They kind of vibrate, making sound waves that we have been able to pick up with all our amazing technology. Isn't that incredible! Even the stars in the sky create music.

I mean, this takes creativity to a whole new level for me! What do creative thinkers like us do with this information? We've all seen swirly pictures like the one above and thought how beautiful space can be, right? But to think that things outside our own existence make music too...well, like I say, it blows my mind.

Creativity really is everywhere!

No comments: