Sunday 30 January 2011

Part Two: In other news...

I thought I'd share with you all a good book I've just read. In fact, I might dedicate a few entries to it, 'cause it's got a lot of good stuff in it!

It's called The Rights of the Reader by Daniel Pennac. He's a French writer/teacher and has a lot of interesting things to say about how children read, or don't read.

Do you like reading? When we're kids, people read to us, but as we get older we're left to our own devices. At school we're forced to read books we're not interested in, or are we not interested 'cause we're forced to read them...?

Anyway, there was one line which showed me how powerful books can be if we let them,

''When you don't have the time or means to treat yourself to a week in Venice, why not spend five minutes there?''

So why not? Dip in to a book (of your choice) and see where it take you today...

No comments: