Friday 3 December 2010

Day 179: Harry Potter

Over the past couple of weekends, I have been catching up on the Harry Potter films, ready to watch the 7th; Happy Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1. I know, I know, it's been out for ages. I'll get there.

Tonight, I watched HP4, The Goblet of Fire. They miss loads of the book out, don't they! But then, how are you supposed to fit 400 pages into two and a half hours?

It must be such a challenge to make a book into a film. How do they decide what's important and what can be left out? How do they decide what clothes the characters wear and who to cast? Which bits of dialogue do they keep and which do they edit out...?

Touch one.

That's my challenge for you today. Take a book you really like and see how you would turn it into a film, or a play, or maybe a game. Why not take a film you like and think how you would turn it into a book...

Be creative with the stories you love. How else could they be seen, heard, enjoyed...it's up to you!

No comments: