Sunday 29 May 2011

Day 356: My Creative Adventure

As I haven't done it for a while, I thought I'd spend a few lines telling you how my novel is going. Sadly, I had my last lesson on Friday with my 'writing for young people' class, so now I am on my own with it. I've left the nest!

BUT, I am going to finish Holly's story. I thought by announcing this to the world might make me more determined...

An outline, for those of you who need it:

Holly is 16. Her best friend, Penny has left for another town. He big brother's a pain and her mum's virtually a drunk. After another argument over who can use the computer, Holly storms out the house and finds herself in a posh neighbourhood. There she steals a laptop from an open window. That's how she'll keep in touch with Penny. Back home she finds she's stolen a diary in the bag too. The girl who owned it was called Jenna but it's Holly's now.
Back at school, Holly has the task of showing the new girl round, none other than Jenna Hampton!
Against it all, they become friends, good friends, but how do you keep your best friend when you know all their secrets?

So there you have it. That's Holly's story.

I'm roughly 19,000 words through my first draft and it's going pretty well. The trouble is, I've now got to the part where I'm jut joining up the dots. I have ideas for events in their story, but it's getting there from where I am now...

It's fun doing something creative you've never done before. There isn't a right way to be creative, you just have to get on with it and see what happens...will you join me?

No comments: