Sunday 1 May 2011

Day 328: Boating with Jamie Cullum


Okay, so I didn't actually go boating with Jamie Cullum, but I did see him and go boating on the same day. Not just any day, my birthday.

Here are the creative highlights of my 24th birthday. Firstly, I took a turn at rowing down the Avon River. I have to say, I wasn't too bad at it, (although I'm rubbish at steering. I kept getting distracted by cute duckings swimming beside us!) but it took me a while to get the hang of rowing, so I made up a little song to help me keep rhythm. The lyrics are the following:





Up and along and down and through x3
Through the river we glide.

Up and along, down and through x3
Through the river we glide.

To be honest, the lyrics don't do it justice, but it shows purposeful creativity nonetheless!

Second highlight is the Silver Ring Choir. We went to see them in concert, celebrating their 60th Anniversary. They were stunning. Apparently they've toured the whole world, Paris, Canada, New Zealand...all over! The best song (in my opinion) was their rendition of, 'Sing a song of sixpence'. It made me cry a little bit, it was so incredibly creative and melodic.



The main highlight has to of course be Jamie Cullum, who played after the choir.

Believe it or not, this picture is actually Jamie. Can I get away with calling it creative exposure??

He.
Is.
Incredible.

I mean, I can't even do him justice through these words. He has so much energy, I don't know how else it could be released but through creativity itself (shown brilliantly by my amateur photography skills). At one point he was playing the piano, drumming on it's top, singing and beat boxing all at the same time. I was literally gob-smacked! He sang, 'What a difference a day makes' too and I was transported to another place, it was so peaceful and calm. Amazing.

A brilliant birthday. I wish every day we like that!

No comments: