Wednesday 20 April 2011

Day 317: The Story of Stuff

I have to tell you, I'm pretty into green stuff. You know, caring for the planet and all that. I think it's a pretty important thing to do, but when you tell people that they just switch off like I'm some sort of hippy or something.

Yesterday I got sent this video about the production of stuff we buy (sound boring I know). When I saw it was 21 minutes long I thought, there's no way I'm watching all of that, but after a few minutes, I was hooked.  Annie Leonard uses this cool animation thing to visualise what she's talking about and I think everyone should watch it.

It's amazing what a bit of creativity can do when you want people to listen, eh? (ps, sorry about the little music video at the beginning...creativity's everywhere!)

No comments: