Thursday 13 January 2011

Day 220: Play with Imagination - Day 1

Today, I want to focus on imagination. I've been doing a hefty amount of (text book) reading about creativity and a lot of it was to do with imagination.

It really is amazing, what, given a few objects, words, sounds...out imaginations can conjure up. I mean brilliant stories like Happy Potter and Sherlock Holmes started in someones imagination.

What will start in yours?

Here's a few thing to get you going:

A word:    torture.
An object:    riding saddle.
A smell:    fresh toast.
A sound:    muffled voices.

I bet your mind is already trying to put those things together...

For the next 5 days, I'm going to make it my mini challenge to get your imaginations going. Get started with these and see where your imagination takes your creative skills. It might even be the greatest tool we have...

Watch this space!

No comments: